This year, at the Presbyterian General Assembly, LGBTQ people & allies of the upcoming generation will claim their birthright at members of a just & inclusive church.

02 June 2008

Kelly Carlblom - (R)evolutionary

I grew up in Taipei, Taiwan, where my parents were missionaries for over 25 years. I am a junior at Coe College, majoring in Global Development Studies. I play soccer for Coe, and am involved with our diversity club, Coe Egalitarians, and our gay-straight alliance. I also am very involved with campus religious life, serving as a peer minister with our chaplain, Kristin Hutson. I first became conscious of GLBT issues when several friends came out to me in the course of two weeks. As I have learned more, my ideas have changed to be more inclusive and welcoming of GLBT people in the Church.

No comments: